Are you interested in visiting our village and being a part of the work we’re doing in Haiti? We would love to host you for a short-term mission trip!
Our ministry has been blessed by several teams who have invested their time and energy in the school, the church and the lives of the people we serve. In fact, Laura Dalla first came to Belle Vie on a short-term mission trip, and it changed the course of her life. Because of that trip, she felt called to start God’s Ministry in La Gonave. Fast-forward nearly ten years, and we’ve had teams help with food distribution, construction, medical care and more — all of which are essential parts of our ministry.
Here are some highlights:
- 2011: A team of three people brought personal and medical supplies for Laura and Ybene, distributed food to the needy and ministered to and prayed with the villagers.
- 2013: A team of six people provided much-needed dental care to our village and hosted a field day with all the kids in the village.
- 2014: A team of nearly two dozen people (American and Haitian) came to build the church building.
- 2015: A team of two came to help dedicate the church, participate in Kids’ Club, deliver supplies and attend a community soccer game.
- 2016: An individual traveled with Laura and Ybene to help the ministry purchase supplies and equipment to assist villagers after Hurricane Matthew.
- 2017: A medical team from Mission of Hope provided medical screenings and basic medical care to the village.
Whether you’re a team of one or a team of many, we would love to have you see firsthand the work that God is doing in Belle Vie! There is much to do, and many hands make light work. We are looking for teams to help with a wide range of projects, including:
- Repair/replace roofs and homes that were damaged during Hurricane Matthew
- Build outhouses throughout the village (most villagers do not have access to any type of bathroom facility)
- Provide medical, dental, vision screenings/care
- Teach basic hygiene/health/wellness
- Provide professional development for teachers in our school
- Host a seminar for church leaders
- Organize a Vacation Bible School-type week for the children in the village
- Paint/repair/improve Laura and Ybene’s home, including replacing the roof so that it can support solar panels
- Paint/repair/improve the school building, including building benches for the classrooms
- Build new benches for Kids’ Club
- Plan and host a community outreach project
- And many other projects!
Contact us today to learn more about our short-term mission opportunities and other ways you can support God’s Ministry in La Gonave.
Note: Haiti experiences periods of social and political unrest. Please contact us and check the U.S. Department of State website for updated travel warnings prior to making travel arrangements.